Wednesday, January 8, 2014

R-e-s-p-e-c-t

In our girls youth class last night we talked about true purity. We discussed Respect and if it was a need or a want.

1 Peter 2:3 When Jesus was reviled he did not revile in return.

We are suppose to be more like Jesus. So when we are treated poorly, we are not to fight back and justify our behaviors. We are to look to The Lord's strength and pattern our response like his.  This hit close to home for me. Just this week I spoke to another person about how my mouth can get me into trouble. If  I feel like my side of the story is not shared I feel the need to tell it. If my personal view is being attacked, I feel the need to talk back and prove them wrong. This is not the case when it comes to the way Jesus handled things. 


Help me Lord to be more like you! 
Holding my tongue, 
Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment