Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Commit

Most people are afraid of making a commitment, but not receiving one. I can only image how many times the Lord has heard someone say that they will commit to doing something, only to fail the very next thought, breath, or step. Making a commitment to me and making one to the Lord are two very separate things. You see when we commit to the Lord, he has a promise with it... that he will ESTABLISH your plans. 
Websters defines Establishto cause (someone or something) to be widely known and accepted. : to put
(
someone or something) in a position, role, etc., that will last for a long time.

This sounds a bit like FAVOR. 
Don't we all seek favor from the Lord? This is exciting for me! I am at a place in my life now where I am not sure what the Lord wants my hands to be busy doing. There are many ministries that I enjoy and many that I would miss, but I don't want to spend my life not doing what God designed me to do! My heart at times feels like it could explode. I desire to be in the perfect WILL of God, and sometimes get caught up in the little things. I am thankful to know that I can commit to the Lord and he will establish my plans. This has been on my heart for the past few days. Just knowing that as God is the center all will work out, I've preached it, taught it and prayed it for years, but it means something to me now. Now that I see it in the word- knowing that it's not just some Christian cliche, it's actual Truth, it has increased my faith! Thank you Lord for this promise!  I need to make a little notebook or a notepad on my phone that keeps up with the promises that I find this year! Then I can have a quick reference guide when I feel discouraged or uncertain!

Growing in Grace,
Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment