Monday, January 6, 2014

I thank God for YOU!

Today is my 13th anniversary. I am so thankful for my sweet husband and the Joy that comes from being his wife! We have traveled down many roads and have been blessed. When we married each other in 2001, I had no idea where God would take us and how our marriage would impact others. We both desperately wanted to be used by God for his Glory! I stand amazed at times at how much we grown as a couple in the past 13 years. We started dating 15 years ago, even then our relationship was more mature than that of some of our friends. We didn't fight, argue or play games with each other about "breaking up" we were serious about getting to know each other and had marriage in mind. When we got married I didn't feel like we were too young, I felt like it was perfect timing. Now when I see couples marry at an early age it makes me nervous for them, especially those who don't know the Lord or have him in the center of their lives. We also didn't start having Children right away either, we purposefully waited 4 years before we even begin to try. We needed time to get to know each other, even after the honeymoon phase! We wanted to be settled, buy a house and be established before bringing a child into the world! God still had other plans for us, when we had 2 children and then moved from Texas to North Carolina, but still- his hand was guiding and leading us each step of the way. I'm so blessed to have a husband who prays with me, walks with me, laughs with me, talks with me, listens to me and my l-o-n-g stories that are pointless, and still wants to hold my hand. I love you my darling Chris. Happy 13th Anniversary. Way to find favor with the Lord!!!

Proverbs 18:22

22He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment