Sunday, January 5, 2014

Unglued

Last month I was given the book "Unglued" by Lysa TerKeurst. I read the book in 2 days. It was like the book was written for me! I have had several opportunities to put to practice the things in the book. First it was with my children, then my husband, and today it was with others. I can feel myself coming unglued when I feel my side of the story is not being shared. That is my flesh rising up. I know I need to work on it. It's an area that has always been a problem for me. I strive for perfection and it can be a curse at times. I get in the way of The Lord working. I know The Lord is bigger than me and can move with or without my permission.  My point is that when I strive for things to be perfect, and they aren't, especially things that are out of my control, I get worked up and find myself defensive. I either shut down or become unglued. My mouth can easily get me into trouble. And it often does. There have been times I've slowed down God's plan, all in the name of wanting justification. I thank God that he is helping me to sense the times when I'm falling into the trap and can pull myself into his arms and hold fast to his promises. Though I can't change the way others behave, I can change how I react! Lord help me, to be more like you!

Psalm 143:3-4
Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. 4 Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies.

He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be.... 

Staci 

No comments:

Post a Comment