Thursday, January 16, 2014

Perfect Peace

There is nothing perfect about my life. Ideal yes, but not perfect. It really strikes me when I read...

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.


Ahh- the magic word "perfect" followed by another wonderful word- peace. Where do you find rest? How often do you purpose yourself to rest? Being in the ministry, Sunday is not always a day of rest for us. In fact some Sunday's we are exhausted by the end of the day. That is why I rarely schedule anything on Monday. That is my husbands day off, and therefore its our "seventh day" our day of rest, our day of peace. I search for peace, and rest. I don't always find the entire rest that I need, nor the peace, but the good news is... it's there. Waiting for me! I have to ask the Lord to remove more of me add more of him in my life. 

I strive for perfection in so many areas of my life. I don't always achieve it, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it. I know that I can't be perfect. I can't have the perfect house, the perfect kids, or the perfect body- or even the perfect spiritual health. I do know that one thing I can have is "perfect peace". Which in this day and age is quite a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment